Recently I stumbled upon a recipe for peanut butter and dark chocolate bark that was just so simple I decided I had to give it a go! Now, I’m not much of a culinary queen, and I definitely don’t love experimenting in the kitchen, but any recipe that involves minimal input for maximum results is cool in my book.
This recipe for peanut butter and dark chocolate bark takes about 10 minutes to prepare and then an hour to set. Result! Bonus: the technique for making peanut butter and chocolate cups is very similar.
What you’ll need:
- Bar of chocolate* – at least 70% dark
- Peanut butter*
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
- 2x bowls
- 1x pan
- Water to boil
- Several spoons
*As long as the starred ingredients are vegan, then this recipe is vegan!
1. Melt the chocolate – use a double burn method (we put a glass bowl atop a pan of boiling water) at a low heat and stir as you go. Don’t let the chocolate boil!
2. Melt the peanut butter – I just stuck this in the microwave for intervals of 10 seconds, stirring each time, until it got to the melted consistency that was right for me.
3. Put the parchment paper on the baking tray.
4. Spoon the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper into a thin layer; it won’t cover the whole area and it doesn’t need to look perfect.
5. Spoon the melted peanut butter onto the tray as evenly (or not!) as you’d like.
6. Using the toothpicks, swirl the peanut butter and chocolate together.
7. Leave out 1-2 hours to set.
And if you want to make peanut butter and chocolate cups, it’s the same ingredients and pretty much the same technique! You’ll just need a cupcake tray instead of a baking tray, and cupcake liners instead of parchment paper. Just follow the above method till step 4, and spoon some melted chocolate into each of the cupcake tins. Then spoon in some melted peanut butter, followed by another spoonful of melted chocolate, and leave to set!
Will you be trying out these recipes?