Remember all those posts ago when I wrote a post about a craft project that was actually supposed to feature a different craft project? (Quick refresher for you here.) Well, here’s the craft project that one was supposed to be about – a DIY project I saw on Pinterest and decided to carry out at home.
Here’s what I used/had available during this craft project:
- Washi tape in black and white (I got mine from a department store, similar on eBay for £1.50) and also in bright colours* £2.93 per roll from 3M Scotch (pictured, but I ended up not using the bright coloured tape this time around)
- Kitty tape dispenser*, £8.99 from 3M Scotch (pictured)
- Polaroid-style Instagram prints, £12 for 48 prints from Polagram
- Twine, available at any craft store; I got mine for approximately £2 from Tiger
- Mini clothes pegs, available at any craft store; I got a set for approximately £1 from Tiger
- Frame; I used the Nyttja from IKEA, £7
- Tie the twine to the frame where I wanted the pictures to hang and also a bit at the top to hang it on the wall.
- Cover the entire frame with paper tape, making sure the twine ties were well and truly secure.
- Pin the pictures to the twine.
- Hang on the wall
This project was really easy (just 3 steps before hanging on the wall!) and I think it is a really lovely way to display a bunch of pictures in one frame and I love how it looks in our bedroom. As for all the left over pictures? Well, those went in the scrapbook, of course!
Please note: while the products marked with a star (*) in this blog post were gifts, the views expressed are my own.
Looks awesome, I really need to get around to printing some of my photos!
I know the feeling – I only print in bursts about once a year, and then I struggle with where to put them all! I liked this project because it used up a bunch of pictures in one go. Sorted! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
I may have to copy this little gem of an idea!