When the team at Pravera sent me an email to feature Benecos products on my blog, I wasn’t sure what to expect. First of all I hadn’t heard of Benecos, and second the price put me off – as much as I love cheap and cheerful, I won’t feature products on my blog that can’t stand on their own two feet. However, the PR pointed out that the Benecos mineral powder was vegan and the blusher vegetarian, so I figured I’d give them a go with an open mind. And my dears, I am so pleased that I did!
The Benecos Natural Mineral Powder*(£6.95 for 10g via Pravera) gives great coverage with just the right amount of shimmer. It comes with a small powder puff for application, though I prefer to use my MAC 182 buffer brush (£34.50 via MAC). It doesn’t settle in my laugh lines our developing crows feet the way some other mineral powders do, and it lasts all day at work. (A must for me, because I hate touching up throughout the day.) It also looks great over my Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream* (£17.95 for 25ml from Janiro; reviewed on my blog here), Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluid* (£34 for 30ml from Urban Retreat; reviewed on my blog here) and Erborian CC Crème HD (£36 for 45ml from Space NK). As you know, there’s nothing I love more than a versatile product. Ever since I tried this, I’ve reached for it every day since.
And not to let me down, the Benecos Natural Powder Blush Trio – Fall in Love*(£5.95 for 5g via Pravera) was another pleasant surprise. It lasts much longer than many of the other blushers I’ve tried with similar price points, though not as long as my MAC blushers. But at 1/3 of the price that is definitely not a deal breaker. And though it has three different shades in the pallet, I prefer to swirl all three together and apply at once. Currently this is my go-to daytime blusher.
Because both of these products have crept their way into my everyday makeup bag, here’s a look at my current favourite everyday makeup look…
I’m wearing, in the order applied:
- Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream SPF30*
- RMS “un” cover-up in 11 (£28 via Beauty Bay)
- Benecos Natural Mineral Powder in Light Sand* (£6.95 for 10g via Pravera)
- Benecos Natural Powder Blush Trio – Fall in Love* (£5.95 for 5g via Pravera)
- MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study (£15.50 for 5g via MAC)
- MAC Eye Shadow in Soba (£13 for 1.5g via MAC)
- MAC Eye Shadow in Shroom (£13 for 1.5g via MAC)
- Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Liner (£15 via Eyeko; reviewed on my blog here)
- My Little Beauty Mascara Soin et Volume (€19 for 9ml from My Little Corner – though sadly they don’t currently ship to the UK outside of the products included in My Little Box)
Please note: while the products marked with a star (*) in this blog post were gifts, the views expressed are my own.